This course will provide a detailed overview of the role sports events and tourism play in destinations. As well as simple ways to measure and communicate this impact to demonstrate value to local markets in terms they can understand. Join Dr. Jennifer Stoll as she guides you through real-world examples and case studies to equip you with key actionable takeaways. Whether you are a destination representative, a rights holder, or an industry supplier, this course is for you!
You will earn 4 credits towards your STS Designation.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Gain a historical perspective on the value of the sports events and tourism industry.
- Explore various stakeholders’ perspectives on what makes sports events and tourism successful.
- Apply the Inputs, Outputs, and Outcomes Theory to your events to successfully achieve desired results in today’s industry.
- Discover ways to measure and communicate sports tourism’s value on local markets.
- Discuss current industry trends and success metrics.
- Discover proven strategies to effectively communicate the value of sports events and tourism to your audience.
Review the Beyond Economic Impact Course Overview to learn more about the industry experts leading this course and course session topics.
If you would like to use an existing Sports ETA credit (or coupon code) to purchase education courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be glad to assist.